OUR BINGO IS RE-OPENING STARTING AUGUST 2
Thanks to the Kinsmen Club of Nashwaaksis NB for this correspondence. It outlines the clubs guidelines and procedures for reopening their bingo August 2, 2020. Clubs are taking the steps to safely reopen their Bingo. Check it out.
YES, WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE GO AHEAD TO RE-OPEN. WE HAVE MADE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO OUR BINGO TO ADHERE TO PROVINCIAL HEALTH GUIDELINES, MINIMIZE CONTACT AND MAKE THINGS SAFE FOR YOU.
Please take a few minutes to review our plan so you know how things will be working. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact LM Shaun Curry at email@example.com. If anyone wishes to tell Shaun in advance what they want for cards he can be messengered.
* our Building located at 141 School Street has been set up to make use of two halls on the following terms:
– all entrants to Bingo will be screened at the door prior to be admitted entrance to the building
– signage has been posted and there are signs on the floor to direct foot traffic in only one direction
– a sanitation station is available at each entrance to the building – players are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer to minimize contact
– Upon entry players are to secure a seat in either the Large Hall or the Small Hall. To minimize contact all tables are set up to respect social distancing. Players will have a sheet at their seat where they select what they want for Bingo cards which they deliver to a plexiglassed area (the Morrell Bar) where the order will be filled and returned to the player in a plastic bag which then can then use for their garbage. There are spots to indicate maximum number of players allowed to wait for their cards and the spots are socially distanced – if spots filled, players will be directed to sit down
– the order sheet will require players to provide their name, address, contact number and seat number for tracing purposes and will be kept for a minimum of 14 days
– a record will be kept each week as to who was working and where
– capacity will be restricted to a maximum of 93 players and workers in the Large Hall and 33 players and workers in the Small Hall. Some tables are set up for those who are in a 2 person bubble but if they intend to sit across from each other they must wear a mask – it is non optional
– Our main doors will be used for entrance only and all players must exit whatever hall they are in via the doors servicing that hall. The only exception will those who are disabled and need to use that exit as an entrance and a worker will be available to ensure only one person tries to use that door at a time
– all Bingo workers will be masked
– we will have 5 workers to operate – a caller, Shaun only to handle money and give out cards, a worker in each hall to ensure everyone is following the rules and someone to spray down the bathrooms after each use
– to minimize contact, there will be no Hot Balls, no Birthday game nor exchanges of Bonanza cards. Pick Shaun’s Lock game – gloves will be supplied to winning player
– no cards will be sold on the floor
– there will be no Canteen but Shaun will have dobbers and tape available
– workers will stand socially distanced from winning players to ensure numbers are called back in the right order but will not touch cards and it is the player who will call back their numbers when given the go ahead by the worker
– workers will not do garbage collection. Players will deposit used cards and garbage in supplied plastic bag. At the end of the evening players can deposit their garbage bags in the main garbage receptacles – any not so disposed of will be handled with gloves